Here are a few significant changes in our history:

  • 1920:  Services changed from German to English
    • 1927:  The Educational Building was built
    • 1934:  Denominations merged to form the Evangelical & Reformed Church
    • 1940’s: The Ladies Aid Society was formed (they made bandages for Riley), today they are known as the Sew-ers
    • 1941:  Mr. & Mrs. Adult Sunday School class was formed
    • 1949:  BYKOTA Adult Sunday School Class formed
    • 1951: Sanctuary turned around and remodeled
    • 1952:  Altar Guild formed
    • 1957:  Denominations merged again to form the United Church of Christ
    • 1964:  BETA Adult Fellowship group formed
    • 1974:  Young Married Couples class formed
    • 1980’s:  Young Married Couples group evolved into Pairs & Spares class
    • 1989:  Sanctuary Renovations
    • 1992:  Congregation underwent a strategic plan
    • 1999:  Second worship added – contemporary in style
    • 2000’s:  Pairs & Spares class evolves into BAD (Bring A Dish) group
    • 2002:  Building Addition/Elevator
    • 2004:  Participated in 40 Days of Purpose
    • 2004:  New approach to children’s Sunday School was introduced – rotation learning
    • 2007:  Monthly community dinner started: Supper with a Friend
    • 2008:  Immanuel embarked on a Spiritual Strategic Journey; a time of discernment
    • 2009:  Approved and began our 7 year strategic plan: The Love Walk